Thursday, December 30, 2010

Here's to Life!

It's 31st december today, starting tomorrow it will be a new year and everyone will hope and toast to their expectations of 2011 being a fantastic year. Well, I hope that too. Like everyone else, doing the countdown to midnight or just smooching away to glory to their love or the random stranger they met at a party ,I will look up at the sky, and then my wrist where five birds yearningly migrate for a better life. That's why I'm here right. That's why...

Surprisingly, being away from home is just that. Cold and makes you feel unwelcome. But I guess I've ranted enough about all those things in this dear blog of mine, which has gone on for more than three years. But this has always been the place for me to contemplate. And contemplate I have.

This year, I've been away from home for a rather long time. More than the time I'd been at MICA. This time, I felt old, took care of myself. It's odd taking care of yourself, most other times, you have your mom pining after you, cooking home made goodies, keeping you warm. Suddenly this decision did make me independent, but made me realise how much my parents and my brother mean to me. They are my Obelisk. My rock. My everything. I didn't get all As this term. I really want to wake up to A's next time.

Everytime I wake up with a nightmare and I don't feel good about myself. But this will stop from Jan first. There's finally a ray of hope for me, and I don't want to jeopardise what my closed ones worked to have. Sometimes, all I have to is grow up right. So here is me, growing up. Here is me saying, I don't give a hoot to anyone who doesn't care about me. Here is me, looking inward and saying that I've got what it takes to survive in this cold brutal country. Here is me saying, I'm going to get a job here and stick to it for as long as it takes. Here's to a hopeful 2011, here's to hardwork and determination and here's to finding what we seek for.

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011. Let's begin the game.