Ok. A Singapore Airline flight. I'm all excited about it. First time. So it's all great. I'm given the window seat right behind the business class, and i don't really have a co-passenger sitting next to me, but a very cute looking boy on the other end of the seat. He had long legs. And was dressed quite well. I had no clue how to operate the Krisflyer entertainment system that other airlines talk about, but you get the picture. I don't have a screen in front of me and just no clue how was I supposed to get it on, the cute boy would refuse to look at me and I was clearly bored and the airhostesses were rushing in so fast, that I was wondering if this flight was going to end up being a long haul. Damn. So, I got super bored for 5 whole minutes, imagining that I could stand up bravely and disrupt the boarding and meekly take out the Chimamanda book from my huge 8kg bag. But I didn't do that either. Now the flight has taken off, we're high up in the air and everyone's being entertained by the krsiflyer system. I'm super irritated and I ask the boy, and he smiles and pulls out a screen from below my seat, I mean really, that was sweet.
We smiled and then we talked, we spoke about school, college, surfboards, parties, music, movies mostly, our parents, if whether we snore or not and well, just about anything. 5 whole hours, wow. I've done that after ages. He's younger and it kind of really made me sad. Even though he kept insisting that I look like an 18 year old. I'm afraid that I wished that I was indeed an 18 year old. I don't think he got my name, but he gave me his and when we had harassed this australian expat and after hundreds of stares in the flight, I simply refused to relent, so he gave up. Terrible that I am. My tongue knows no bone. But, really, when we stood up, he turned out to be a huge tall guy, 6 feet 2 inches and me such a shortie dwarf like. I told him, you're so tall! And he's like, you're so short. Haha. I can't forget this journey with this boy. Me and him were going our separate ways. And he asked me, you remember my name, and I said XYZ, and pretending to forget his last name. He said, well, it's XYZ ABC...and I was like yea sure. He said, you better add me on facebook.
I wish I could, but I won't. Somethings end with journeys, that's why we remember them.